PFOAs and other contaminants could be lurking in your water! If you’re at all concerned about these dangerous particles in your home’s water supply, it’s time to take action. Force Plumbing is here to answer your water quality questions, provide you with honest recommendations, and install the best water filtration device for your Holmdel, NJ home.
We’re here for all your plumbing service needs! Give us a call around the clock for immediate solutions.
Do I Need a Whole House Water Filter?
In short, most likely! Tap and well water contains industrial and environmental pollutants which can be harmful to your health. These impurities can promote disease and sickness, particularly in children and older people. Some of the contaminants often found in water include:
- Bacteria, viruses and parasites
- Man-made chemicals like PFOAs
- Organic byproducts in chlorine-treated drinking water
- Pesticides, fungicides and herbicides
- Toxins like arsenic, lead and mercury
- Radioactive particles from uranium in soil
- Hard water minerals like calcium and magnesium
Our plumbers are some of the best in the Holmdel area - call us for everything from water quality solutions to kitchen plumbing services.
Types of Whole House Water Filtration Systems
What are the types of water filters and how do you know which one is right for you? We’ve outlined the different types so you can make the best choice for your home.
- Activated carbon: Activated carbon filters remove chlorine, sediment, and VOCs (volatile organic chemicals) from a home’s water supply. They improve the taste and smell of the water but don’t remove minerals, salt and inorganic matter from water.
- Reverse osmosis: RO filters, as they are commonly called, significantly reduce contaminants in the water, such as salt, lead, mercury, asbestos, calcium, and iron. These filters do not remove chlorine, radon, or other VOCs.
- Alkaline & Water Ionizers: Water ionizers raise the PH of drinking water by separating water into acidic and alkaline parts. The alkaline water is isolated into the stream of water that you would drink and use for all of your household tasks.
- UV and Infrared filters: Ultraviolet (UV) water systems kill bacteria and viruses, disinfecting a home’s water supply without using chemicals. Like alkaline filters, Infrared purifiers soften water using heat and light to negatively charge the water.
Still not sure which filter is right for you? Our experienced water quality specialists proudly serve Monmouth County and can help you choose the make and model that fits your needs.